Infiniti Points transfer from RCI

Started by Mave Woodward, March 03, 2007, 08:23:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Mave Woodward

I was sold Infiniti points in December at my home resort. I was told, by a very persuasive salesman, that it would be a swap with my RCI points plus a fee to 'upgrade' to Infiniti. I now find out that RCI require 12months notice of surrender and that I will have to pay their charges for this year plus I cannot now use the Infiniti points until next year, although I have paid for them and have a contract for the points for use this year. After numerous calls to the resort and numerous excuses by the salesman, he admitted that he did give me the wrong information but he did not offer any solution or take responsibility for his mistake. So I have bought a product on misinformation which I cannot use for a year and according to the salesman have no redress. Has anyone else come across this problem and if so did they manage to sort it out to their satisfaction.[:(!]

Jeff

Hi Mave,
Welcome to the forum. I am sorry that you appear to have been another victim of Infinity. (which is part of the Petchey Leisure group) and hopefully you will be able to get your money back because of their mis selling.

Which resort is your home resort?

Mave Woodward

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your comments. My home resort is Fairways in Tenerife. By your comments I guess that you don't think much of Infiniti. I am coming round to that way of thinking it just seems to be to tell the customer anything for a sale. My sister-in-law has been at Fairways for over 15 years with RCI and never had any trouble until now because she too transferred over. Can I ask you what your home resort is and have you had dealings with Infiniti. You see we were told that Infiniti still is under the RCI umbrella but now you are saying that they are part of another group. Is that so or have got it wrong again. Mave

Jeff

quote:
Originally posted by Mave Woodward

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your comments. My home resort is Fairways in Tenerife. By your comments I guess that you don't think much of Infiniti. I am coming round to that way of thinking it just seems to be to tell the customer anything for a sale. My sister-in-law has been at Fairways for over 15 years with RCI and never had any trouble until now because she too transferred over. Can I ask you what your home resort is and have you had dealings with Infiniti. You see we were told that Infiniti still is under the RCI umbrella but now you are saying that they are part of another group. Is that so or have got it wrong again. Mave

Hi Mave,Thamkfully I am not a member of Infinity.  I did go to Fairways as an exchange visitor earlier this year, and the presentation had more holes in it than a colander.

The sales person was trying to tell me that it was part of RCI, yet on his screen during the presentation he had the Petchey web site, and when I asked about this he just shrugged his shoulders, and swiftly moved on to a different topic.

Here is a link for you to look at which shows clearly that Infinity is part of Petchey. Just click on the link and scroll down to the bottom of the page, then click on the box marked Infinity.
http://www.petcheyleisure.com/corporate/portfolio.htm

Mave Woodward

Hi Jeff, Looked on the site and yes can see clearly that Infiniti is part of Petchey, not good news I feel. Yes I am inclined to agree that getting my money back would be the best policy. Wish me luck.

Jeff

quote:

Hi Jeff, Looked on the site and yes can see clearly that Infiniti is part of Petchey, not good news I feel. Yes I am inclined to agree that getting my money back would be the best policy. Wish me luck.

Mave, if you bought the points with your credit card, I think that you may have a better chance of getting your money back from them, rather than trying to get it back from Petchey. You may also like to try bringing your local trading standards into the picture as well, as they may already have had previous complaints about mis selling.

Good luck and keep us informed, and don't think you are alone in the battle against Petchey. [;)]

Mave Woodward

Mave. Welcome to the forum. I hope you receive a warmer reception than I did.

Another avenue you could explore is the OTE. I have no confidence in them as an organisation but Robin Mills (Managing Director of Petchey Leisure) is a senior figure within the OTE and a complaint about his company and put through the OTE Client Resolution Service might cause embarrassment that could prompt swift action. It's worth a shot to cause an almighty stink that a senior director of Petchey Leisure is on the board of OTE who are supposed to be championing "reputable companies in the timeshare sector and promote fair trading, quality within- and growth of the timeshare industry". According to their web site "Its members (of which Petchey Leisure is one) lead the industry in their commitment to strong ethical standards with the aim of raising the standards of the industry a whole, ensure fair trading and satisfaction of timeshare owners". Yet his company, it would seem, are not doing much by way of setting a good example.

Please let us know how you get on

Mave Woodward

Hi Frank Thanks for your comments. What I am getting from the resort now is silence, not answering e-mails or telephone calls. This all adds fuel for me I think. I will certainly take your comments on board. Thanks again.

Jeff

quote:

Hi Frank Thanks for your comments. What I am getting from the resort now is silence, not answering e-mails or telephone calls. This all adds fuel for me I think. I will certainly take your comments on board. Thanks again.

Mave, try emailing this person, veronica.tfs@fairways-club.com  and ask her to pass it on to who ever is in charge at the sales deck and also ask her to let you know the name and email address of the sales manager at Fairways.

Jeff

quote:

quote:

Mave, try emailing this person, veronica.tfs@fairways-club.com  and ask her to pass it on to who ever is in charge at the sales deck and also ask her to let you know the name and email address of the sales manager at Fairways.

Do you have a contact phone number for them?

Mave Woodward

Hi Jeff, Yes I do have a number but they say they will get back and don't. Our next port of call will be Martin Beasley, the owner of Fairways. Who, we have always been told is a very fair man. We will see!

Jeff

quote:

Hi Jeff, Yes I do have a number but they say they will get back and don't. Our next port of call will be Martin Beasley, the owner of Fairways. Who, we have always been told is a very fair man. We will see!

That's interesting Mave, because we were told that Fairways is jointly owned by an Englishman and an American, both of whom were there in January.

Actually, you would be better off contacting the sales directors boss. His name is Mike (I can't remember his surname) and his email address is mikeb@evencharge.com

Mike's boss is a guy called Martin Beasley. You could try emailing him at martinb@evencharge.com but I would not expect a response as he will probably be to busy flying around in his private jet.

I met these two at a conference in London a couple of years ago and they give the impression that they are surgically clean & all their customers are happy.

Just keep hacking away and don't give up because that's what they want you to do.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff

quote:

quote:

Do you have a contact phone number for them?

Mave Woodward

Hi guys, well we have really set the cat amongst the pigeons. Sent an e-mail to Mike Bailey, as you Frank suggested, copy to the resort. Well they e-mailed and phoned didn't admit they had got the wrong, said that we didn't understand and perhaps they hadn't explained things properly. Anyway they were back pedalling like made. The interesting thing is this Mike Bailey has not even read the e-mail because he was not in the office last week, he will be back tomorrow! We have by way been promised everything that we signed for but I will keep you posted. Thanks for your help and support. Mave.

If you get to speak to Mike Bailey, do not take no for an answer. Tell him you want what you were promised or a full refund and your entitlement reverted back to its former state. Tell him if a satisfactory outcome is not concluded then you will cause an almighty stink in the press and on the Internet. Perhaps threatening him that you will set up a Fairways action group on the Internet will prompt him into action. As far as I am aware there is no such group in existence and I would imagine he would be keen to ensure it stays that way. Let him know in no uncertain terms that you are livid and you will not let this rest. It is not your fault that they failed to explain things properly. Make sure that whoever you end up dealing with, that everything is done in writing and that all copies are sent to Mike Bailey and the OTE for good measure. I am not sure what is going on at Fairways and why Infinity is being sold to its customers. Maybe you could get Mike to explain this and suggest that it's not a good idea as it is being misrepresented and it is your intention to let as many Fairways members as possible aware of your experience unless they offer your satisfaction without delay.

teideglow

We "upgraded "to points with Petchey in november, now in the process of not paying the 6 months interest free loan they arranged for us, saying it was a credit card. Petchey have not answered emails, not returned phone calls, and not responded to internationally signed for letter.We have received no pack - sales rep said you have 6 months to try it out- We take our hols dec - march, so too late now, and they did know that. We are currently going after clydesdale bank, then we will report to OTE. It is interesting to visit www.petcheytravelshop.com where they are offering a week in 3 resorts, including Easter at cheap prices. My friend goes to vera beach club next week for less than £100 p.w. hope she does not get turfed out when she refuses to go to a presentation, as there is no mention of having to attend one, but I expect that is how they are getting people in now that touts are illegal.

qadzbork

Hi, We are Elite owners at Fairways and are just back from the sister resort Pueblo Evita. We had a 3 hour presentation from a guy named Garry which boiled down to "If you don't join Infiniti you can forget about ever getting an Elite apartment again". Then Godfather Paul was summoned (just like trading in a car!) to tell us that it would cost £5250 "plus Legals" for membership. We told him exactly where he could put his membership. Later we met a couple (who have a friend who owns at Montechorro (aka Oura Beach)) who told us that the maintenance fee there had been trebled since Infiniti bought the resort.
Does anybody have a good experience with Infiniti to relate?

pinkkipper

OK - I have been with Infiniti for 3 years and so far I've not had any problems other than availability in some odd places.

Our home resort was an RMI platinum resort prior to RMI being sold to Petchy so they cant try the "its not up to standard" routine.

We dont have a view on Maint fees we only own in one resort so dont have anything to compaire against.

We ceded our weeks rather than hand them over and pay the maint at the point rate, this caused all sorts of running around as its not the way that they want to play the game. (We were offered this the year before by the poorest performing "sales person" - I understand that the week later he was looking at new opportunities)

One advantage of this is that we retain  a more formal ownership of our very peak weeks (1st 2 weeks of August) and the ability to sell as plain weeks rather than infinity points.

qadzbork

teideglow: how did your friend get on???