Sponsored Link

Customer Service

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Doggy50k

  • Senior Moderator & Quiz Master
  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5251
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Customer Service
« on: May 01, 2007, 21:20:14 »
The Customer Services needs a radical overhaul.

It has taken 4 months for us to buy points from another member.  Twice as long as "Advertised".

The processing on our part and that of the vendor was done within the first two weeks, for the remaining time The Former Company sat on the transaction.

We did chase them, but there was always some excuse.  Waiting for approval by a supervisor was the most frequently used.

Lets face it though - it appears it was dealt with by the same dept who did the Management fees this year...[V]
"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."


Offline daveandmaureen

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1403
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 22:29:17 »
Hi Doggy,

I am not putting this forward as an excuse, The Former Company Admin in all areas of late has been abysmal.

I suspect that in the troubled period when The Former Company was for sale to anyone who was prepared to take it off the Yank's hands staff will have left and it seems few were replaced at all.

Diamond Geezers will need to get Citrus Staff in all areas (except sales please) back up to strength in terms of numbers and quality pdq if complaints such as yours are to reduce at all.

Just my thoughts on this.

Dave K
 

Offline Mavo

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6289
  • Karma: +51/-55
    • View Profile
Customer Service
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 14:59:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by Doggy50k

The Customer Services needs a radical overhaul.

It has taken 4 months for us to buy points from another member.  Twice as long as "Advertised".

The processing on our part and that of the vendor was done within the first two weeks, for the remaining time The Former Company sat on the transaction.

We did chase them, but there was always some excuse.  Waiting for approval by a supervisor was the most frequently used.

Lets face it though - it appears it was dealt with by the same dept who did the Management fees this year...[V]




We may soon be adding Travel Support to Customer Services re poor performance.
 I have been waiting for something simple from them since 29th March.
But not being the type of person to cause undue waves I have given them a further 7 days before I really kick off. [;)]

Speaking of kicking off. I see that the The Former Company Section of crimeshare has kicked off good style in the last couple of days. Sorry but I am unable to post a direct link to it for fear of retribution from OTE who supposedly represent the timeshare consumers.
tomeluk

Offline Mavo

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6289
  • Karma: +51/-55
    • View Profile
Customer Service
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 18:45:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by daveandmaureen

Hi Doggy,

I am not putting this forward as an excuse, The Former Company Admin in all areas of late has been abysmal.
I suspect that in the troubled period when The Former Company was for sale to anyone who was prepared to take it off the Yank's hands staff will have left and it seems few were replaced at all.

Diamond Geezers will need to get Citrus Staff in all areas (except sales please) back up to strength in terms of numbers and quality pdq if complaints such as yours are to reduce at all.

Just my thoughts on this.

Dave K


Hi Dave
 "Abysmal in nearly all areas." The exception being the ability to send out emails advertising Santa Barbara at quarter points for a few weeks. - Providing you book your flights with them for £159.
 Same period flights with Thomson are or were £109.
If The Former Company wish to provide a complete service then they have to really compete not just pretend to compete.
 All the fringe services like Car Hire, Car Parking, Insurance. Flights, every one of them seems to be none competitive whenever I attempt to use them.
tomeluk

Offline Mavo

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6289
  • Karma: +51/-55
    • View Profile
Customer Service
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 10:55:08 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mavo

quote:
Originally posted by Doggy50k

The Customer Services needs a radical overhaul.

It has taken 4 months for us to buy points from another member.  Twice as long as "Advertised".

The processing on our part and that of the vendor was done within the first two weeks, for the remaining time The Former Company sat on the transaction.

We did chase them, but there was always some excuse.  Waiting for approval by a supervisor was the most frequently used.

Lets face it though - it appears it was dealt with by the same dept who did the Management fees this year...[V]




We may soon be adding Travel Support to Customer Services re poor performance.
 I have been waiting for something simple from them since 29th March.
But not being the type of person to cause undue waves I have given them a further 7 days before I really kick off. [;)]

Speaking of kicking off. I see that the The Former Company Section of crimeshare has kicked off good style in the last couple of days. Sorry but I am unable to post a direct link to it for fear of retribution from OTE who supposedly represent the timeshare consumers.



Well now ! My email to The Former Company seems to have been worthwhile, as on Saturday, dated the very same day as my email, I got the awaited information that I had been seeking for an insurance claim.
 We had to cancel a holiday at very short notice due to an accident befalling a very close relative. We cancelled on the 28th March and was awaiting a value from The Former Company for the lost points so we can make the claim. We have now got the information which took just over 5 weeks. I did in my email question why it should take so long to calculate the value as they must have done it many times before.
 Anyway alls well that ends well.
 I am sure that there will be people interested in the valuation for insurance purposes so I will post something on it once the claim has been settled.
tomeluk

Offline boiler

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1512
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Customer Service
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 19:48:50 »
Reading through and seeing the large discrepancy, between prices offered by customer services and that quoted from airlines, is not new, it has always been another attempt to rip off the unsuspecting holiday maker, in fact if you go to a travel agent in the high street, you will find flight costs cheaper than thruogh any customer services