Yucca Park, Costa Adeje, Tenerife, Spain
« on: May 22, 2007, 15:35:04 »
Resort: Yucca Park
Exchange Company: Interval International
Contact Information: +34 922 712 270
Date of visit: March 2007
Ages of party: 2 x 70, 2 x 30s, 3 x 5 and under

Description of Unit
We were in one of the few 2 bed, sleep 6 units in the resort and had a lovely balcony view over the swimming pool, directly opposite the main entrance. There were 7 of us but as the youngest was less than 2 years old he went in a cot in the twin bedroom with the other two kids. The other bedroom had a double bed and we were on the sofa bed in the living area.
There was one bathroom and an extra toilet. Reasonably adequate.
The living area was relatively small, especially for the seven of us, as it comprised a small kitchen, breakfast bar with seating for four and the sofa bed. We had to do breakfasts in shifts or split between the kitchen and the balcony. Not too much of a problem of an evening as we tended to eat out.
In terms of the facilities, the basics were there so no real complaints, just none of the added luxuries we've experienced elsewhere. Maintenance was a little lacking as we had to report a number of lightbulbs that had gone and the sideboard in the living area had doors that would not close properly.
Housekeeping was good.

Resort Ameneities
Swimming pool was very nice, albeit not heated. There was supposed to be a policy of no hogging the sunbeds but we regularly saw this being ignored - in fact there was one couple who came out every morning, put there towels on sunbeds then disappeared, came back around lunchtime for an hour or so, disappeared again then came back about 5pm to get their towels. I nearly dumped their towels in the pool one day!
The onsite bar was ok if a little pricey. I would recommend taking a short stroll to find somewhere else to eat or even just downstairs to the on-site supermarket to buy your own. I didn;t think anyone could get a hamburger so wrong!
Staff were very friendly and very helpful and the place was kept very clean.

Local Area
Playa Fanabe was great for us. The beach was only a short walk away (200 yards max) and there were loads of restaurants within walking distance that catered for all sizes of wallet. We spent most days on the beach, having lunch at one of the beachside bars (Loch Ness most days as it had a kids pirate ship outside for the kids to play on) then going back to the resort and either going out for dinner (Pizza Banana and a chines whose name escapes me were particular highlights) or eating in (Roys takeaway is highly recommended by us - a choice of pizza or curry delivered to your door)
We didn't do much sightseeing due to the age of our kids but we did find a great indoor play centre and crazy golf for the kids at Shopping Del Duque. My in-laws did go on a tour of the island for 9 Euros including lunch, which was great value as long as you didn't mind sitting through the bed sales pitch halfway through (they assure me it wasn't hard sell).
As this resort was so close to the beach we did not have to endure any of the steep slopes that are common in this area so that was a bonus. We aso found that Playa Fanabe is a very quiet area even though it is right next door to Playa de las Americas. In fact quite a few times I stood on our balcony at 10 or 11 at night and just enjoyed the peace and quiet with a glass of wine in my hand.

All in all we had a great two weeks holiday and we would definitely go back to Playa Fanabe again. We would also stay at Yucca Park again but that would only be if we couldn't get into one of the other resorts in the same area like Sunset Beach or Parque del Sol.

GoogleTagged