Sponsored Link

Anfi Complex, Gran Canaria, Spain

Offline Vivienne

• View Profile
« on: March 31, 2004, 14:36:12 »
The Anfi resorts consisting of Anfi Beach, Puerto Anfi and Monti Anfi and Gran Anfi which was being built last time we were there are our favourite resorts to visit. We stayed at Anfi Beach the first time and Puerto Anfi the second time (you can only stay every four years). The apartments are superb and at Puerto Anfi we had a jacuzzi in the bedroom.  They are set in a bay with a small man-made beach, cactus island and harbour. There are beautiful gardens and swimming pools at each resort with jacuzzis. There was a large living/dining/kitchen area with everything you would need in a kitchen, including washing machine and dishwasher. The view from the balconies in the apartments we were in was lovely, overlooking the swimming pool and the sea. There are various bars and restaurants in the resort, including an Italian and a Spanish Tapas. The restaurant at Anfi Beach served a buffet meal each night which we enjoyed as it had a different theme, i.e. Italian, Spanish, Mexican. Entertainment in a central area is arranged each evening.  It is situated only a few minutes bus ride away from Puerto Rico and about half an hour or so from Playa des Ingles - there is a bus stop outside. We had a Saturday changeover but only found two flights on a Saturday, one in the evening, but managed to get one earlier in the day, but there were lots of flights on a Monday and cheaper, so be careful if you are arranging an exchange and flying from England and check if the flights are still the same.

Offline Cotswolder

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 18:55:15 »
[8D]If you want to look at photos os the Anfi Resorts visit the website of the Anfi UK Members' Group at http://www.anfiuk.co.uk
There is a photo walkabout of the resort and photos of several of the apartments.

These should be updated and completed in June[:D]
My thoughts are my own. Please do not use them without my permission.

Regards,
Cotswolder

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 09:48:44 »
I have stayed at Puerto Anfi and I would agree with all of these comments. The bathroom has marble floor tiles with underfloor heating! Very nice when you need to pay a visit at 1 'o' clock in the morning! The apartments had a massive double balcony BUT the only downside is they NEVER get the sun on them. You cannot, therefore, spend any time sunbathing in private on your own balcony. Which is a bit of a shame I feel. However, if that doesn't bother you then I would highly recommended it.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 11:29:42 »
We have just booked an exchange through RCI weeks to go to Puerto Anfi in September.  Do we need a hire car whilst we are out there?
Can anyone recommend good places to visit / places to eat etc?

Offline Vivienne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 13:48:29 »
I am sure you will love it at Puerto Anfi. We didn't bother hiring a car, it depends what you like to do whether it will be worth you hiring one. We like to spend time relaxing round the complex as it is so nice or having quite a long walk along the promenade into the nearest resort (can't remember the name) or catching a bus to one of the other resorts and having a wander. There is a bus stop right outside the complex which will take you into Puerto Rico, only a few minutes away, and also the other direction if you want to visit Playa des Americas or Maspalomas. If you visit Play des Americas, it is a very pleasant walk paddling along the beach to Maspalomas, very interesting as well as you walk through the nudist part of the beach. You don't have to strip off though!!  There are organised trips to go on as well.

We dined quite a lot at the themed buffet evenings they have at the resort which we enjoyed.

Offline Vivienne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2004, 13:52:33 »
Oops!!  Of course I meant Playa des Ingles and not Playa des Americas. Didn't read through what I put originally so find I have repeated myself.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 10:28:23 »
Thanks Vivienne for all your help.  I am really looking forward to going!

Offline heather

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 20:13:20 »
Further discussion related to purchasing at Anfi have been moved to the Anfi in the Developer Group section.

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 07:39:47 »
I am considering buying at this resort, would you say it was of Marriott standards?

I don't hold much faith in the gold crown status - i am stayed in some terrible ones!

Offline Vivienne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 10:09:09 »
I haven't stayed at a Marriott resort so can't compare, but I have stayed at a lot of timeshare resorts and the Anfi Complex is, in my opinion, absolutely, definitely Gold Crown.

I have exchanged to stay at the new resort, Gran Anfi at the end of January and am looking forward to it.

GoogleTagged