Sponsored Link

Casa Cavalese, Italy

Casa Cavalese, Italy
« on: February 27, 2006, 16:15:49 »
Title: Casa Cavalese
Exchange company:  RCI
Date of Visit: Sept. 1999
Party ages: 50s

This is a long 3 story building in a residential neighborhood surrounded by a large parking lot.  There is a bar at one end.  We were given a two bedroom, one bath unit on the third floor with a full kitchen and a balcony with a wonderful view of the countryside and mountains.  The floors were marble and it was very clean.  But no sheets on the beds or towels.  The office supplied them. A small grocery was just down the street. Bless the BBC which is all over Europe. Road signs are pretty universal.
On one day there was a parade of the animals to the church in the center of town that we enjoyed very much. Most of the week we were out driving in the beautiful Dolomite mountains on a major highway and across country on smaller roads to the city of Trent.  The historic church complex there was impressive and in returning to the car I must have walked wrong because a policeman stopped me.  After realizing we could not communicate, he gently put out his arm for me to take while he escourted me safely to our car.
I had a language book with me but found the only words I needed was " Dove le bank o mat?"  and grazie