Cancelling an exchange

Started by neil1702, March 19, 2009, 08:19:26

Previous topic - Next topic

neil1702

I've recently booked a couple of weeks for my in-laws who have now been informed that they will not be able to go on holiday due to my mother-in-law having to undergo another hip replacement which will take a long time to recover from.
Does anyone have any experience of cancelling an exchange and what I can expect to get back?
Can I get the exchange fee back?
Can I get my weeks back?
I have a feeling that I'm going to get screwed on this, despite the very legitimate medical reasons for cancelling.

Thanks in advance for any views

daviday

My understanding is that you would be able to relinquish the exchange and be entitled to another week or weeks instead (within 12 months of the date of cancellation). The rules are quite complex depending on how far in advance of the original reserved week/s you made the cancellation, and appear on page 488 of my copy of the 2009 Interval Resort Directory (Terms and Conditions, Exchange Procedures and Priorities, Section 8). You will lose the exchange fee and have to pay another.

neil1702

thanks david, that's what i thought might happen
my problem with that is I'm all booked up for this year and there's not awful lot available for next year yet, well not where I want to go anyway!
Cheers