Holiday Rentals Direct - Andrew Stacey

Started by Number6, June 22, 2011, 21:43:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Number6

Hi,
I am a new member, please forgive me if this subject has been covered before.  Done a site search, it came up with nothing on either.

Has anyone come across either 'Holiday Rentals Direct and/or Andrew Stacey'?  Been approached by this person/company who claim to have a buyer for my family timeshare.  Spanish phone numbers, no address on the website, etc etc.  The figure quoted is unrealistic and of course I'm pretty certain it is a scam, but what do you knows????

Regards,

Willself

The Question is?? How did they know....you wanted to Sell??

wmwar00

Quote from: Number6 on June 22, 2011, 21:43:07
Hi,
I am a new member, please forgive me if this subject has been covered before.  Done a site search, it came up with nothing on either.

Has anyone come across either 'Holiday Rentals Direct and/or Andrew Stacey'?  Been approached by this person/company who claim to have a buyer for my family timeshare.  Spanish phone numbers, no address on the website, etc etc.  The figure quoted is unrealistic and of course I'm pretty certain it is a scam, but what do you knows????

Regards,

Hi

I have received several calls from him offering the same. I have tried to do research but with no luck. I think his offer is unrealistic especially as i estimated my points i had was way over what i had actually got, but he will still offer me £9000 !!!

Wendy

Morpheus

So:

a cold call
cannot find anything about them by research
a name like a legitimate business (holidays direct and owners direct) but no google hits for them
over-the-odds offers for timeshare weeks (which many people cannot give away)

Are there any more red flag warnings we need before labelling them scammers?

Let me guess - they have a corporate buyer / Eastern European buyer who has paid already but you have to send in a "security deposit"????
Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.

Number6

Hi all,
I had been sounding out a few websites about disposal of our timeshare now our mother is no longer with us, she bought it 10 years ago, my sis and I inherited on her death, (it has always been in my sis's name).  This outfit got my basic details from some database or other and a woman called me around 6 weeks ago for more details.  Sounded genuine enough, but I am scam clued up in most areas.  This guy talks a good story, but frequently contradicts himself in follow up calls.  Forgot to mention in his first call that they wanted 1500 euros on my credit card as a surety that I would forward the deeds after they had sent me £4200 for our Week 18 in Tenerife.  When I told him there was no way he would get my card details on the basis of 3 phone calls with a person and spanish limited company I knew nothing about, he didn't want to know anymore.  Say's it all, definite SCAM!!!  Stay clear all.

Tom Powney

Hi. It's an interesting one this one. I've had my DRI points for sale with Travel & Leisure for 18 months who have come up with absolutely nothing and the whole exercise has been a waste of money for me. Tara O'Brien from Holiday rentals direct has offered me 30p per point which seems realistic as it's a long way short of what I paid for them. I was told that the deposit was to cover the legal fees should I fail to send the certificates and needed to be on my VISA card as that way I have protection. I have checked with my VISA card issuer who has indicated that under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, should I use my card to pay for goods or services that are faulty or are not delivered then I have a right to raise a dispute and reclaim any monies paid. This includes goods and services bought from overseas companies. I'm going to do some more digging before I hand over my details but wondered if anyone had any concrete negative or positive experiences of this Company rather than just suspicion?

Norm de Plume

What legal fees?
Cold call + money upfront = scam.
If you have found the advice I have given useful and I have saved you some money, perhaps you would like to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Charity, mentioning my name. (www.prostatecanceruk.org)

eneri

1) Presumably you have been cold called.

2) Presumably you have read the previous posts.

3) They want you to pay an upfront fee.

4) They have even advised you to use your credit card to protect you from THEM!!

How much more proof do you need.

eneri

Quote from: myboy on November 25, 2011, 07:35:36
I was told that the deposit was to cover the legal fees should I fail to send the certificates and needed to be on my VISA card as that way I have protection.

So is there anything in your statement would make you think this isn't just another SCAM!