Holiday Rentals Direct

Started by ibitufizz, January 17, 2012, 12:04:25

Previous topic - Next topic

ibitufizz

Has anyone had experience of Holiday Rentals Direct?

They have approached me today with a likely customer wishing to purchase my timeshare for about £8k.  This does seem a bit too good to be true.

I am now very cautious when it comes to timeshare after experiencing all the usual sales techniques.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Willself

HA HA HA!!.....Think that should  read £0.80.p!! Tops..LOL :o

Morpheus

Quote from: ibitufizz on January 17, 2012, 12:04:25
Has anyone had experience of Holiday Rentals Direct?

They have approached me today with a likely customer wishing to purchase my timeshare for about £8k.  This does seem a bit too good to be true.

I am now very cautious when it comes to timeshare after experiencing all the usual sales techniques.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks

THEY approached you? RED FLAG - how did they get your name?

A customer willing to pay hundreds (or thousands) of times the value of your week? RED FLAG - there are no such customers. Anyone wanting to buy timeshare cherry picks off eBay at a few pounds each.

A company name like a genuine business but unknown to anyone until now? RED FLAG - and I bet Owners Direct and Holiday Rentals (part of the same group) would be unhappy at scammers taking such a similar name. Oddly there is a website with this name claiming to offer property rentals - but it has not changed in two years or so. Even weirder.

Advice - the words "twenty feet" and "bargepole" come to mind.
Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.

Boss Man

ibitufizz

Think so, yet to be confirmed.

ibitufizz

Thanks for comments - appreciated, think I mighr have a bit of fun with them if they call back, IF!   :o

dandhsalter

ThisCompnay approacehd me out of the blue and offered to sell my Florida timeshare. I said I might be interested but needed more info. They were very good with the info and eventually after several conversations convinced me that this might be the right Company to do business with. They did ask me to pay 1250€ to cover their "expenses" if I failed to go through with the sale once they had found a buyer. I said I would think about this as they didn't need the money until a buyer had been found. Within days they found a buyer and said the process would take up to 6 weeks once I've paid the 1250€. I would get the money returned on the completion of the sale. I paid by cc. When I received their paperwork I read it very carefully and noted that the 1250€ would be held until the timeshare had been sold, not nessecerilly to the current offer. In other words the money may never get back to me. I immediately spoke with my cc company and sort advise regarding stopping the payment and eventually did get my money back.
Whilst Spain remains outside the new EU code of practise for timeshare selling I'm would not recommend anyone using a Spanish based company.

urbanlet

i had a call from them out of the blue last week saying they had someone wanting to buy my week,i was surprised as I had handed this back 2 years ago and haven't paid any maintenance fees since then nor intend doing so ,

they said they had taken a deposit of 2,250 form the couple as well as them paying the 2 years fees for me and then 8,000 for me
sounded too good to be true

scottish woman called sue !!!! there offices show as being in torrex

so after the call from these I had an email from Norman Anderson from heritage to say beware its a scam

which I thought was quite funny considering they charged me £17,000 for  the week