Fantastic - Dial an Exchange

Started by yorksnoah, February 09, 2013, 13:05:28

Previous topic - Next topic

yorksnoah

I have joined this forum for the single reason of praising the excellent work which is being carried out by DAE.

Dial an Exchange are a breath of fresh air after years of disappointment with RCI.

In December 2012 I joined DAE (for free) and deposited two of my weeks (Langdale and Cameron House) in the hope that I could exchange for two consecutive weeks during the school holidays in August in the UK but not necessarily at the same resort.

Now I don't want to sound snobby but I deposited 2 nice weeks, both are in school holiday time this year and both are at quality resorts so I wanted to maintain this level of accommodation and receive value for money. Because I deposited my week I got given Gold Advantage membership free for 3 months and I placed my request - 2 bed, sleeping 6 in the UK between 01/08/2013 and 25/08/2013. Not too unrealistic but I appreciated it maybe tough due to needing weeks together in a high demand time of year, in a high demand area such as England is at present.

After registering my request I got a call from one of the staff who was knowledgeable, friendly and demonstrated a good understanding of the industry and my requirements. He changed my Gold Advantage request to maximize the opportunity of me getting the weeks I required and said he would call around in an effort to develop other deposits based around what I wanted.

After a few weeks of waiting I got a text message saying DAE had a week they wanted to offer me. I checked the website in anticipation and 1 week at Belton Woods was available.... "Perfect" I thought, but what about the other week? I called DAE and asked, they advised me to take this week and they would sort out the other week either side of this one. I did, paid my £94.00 and waited. 4 days later they called back and offered me a week at Barnsdale Hall in one of the Lodges.

At this point I thought why have I not done this before. Easy to deposit week for a week, free Gold Advantage membership, add request and let DAE do all the work. I didn't pay membership fees, paid less for my exchanges and got two weeks which fit in really well with my requirements.

How easy is that?

Now I appreciate that this could be a one off, apart from I have just been on a bonus week at Whitbarrow Village which cost me just £99 as part of a special promotion they had when I banked my week. That's 3 weeks for £288 in exchange fees.

Dial an Exchange are good value for money, provide good service and I am looking forward to planning my holidays next year, and because we are planning on a summer of sun next year in Portugal or The Canaries etc I don't think I will need to pay for Gold Advantage because the availability they have based on the website will enable me to just search and book!!!

If you are exchanging this year, I can most definitely recommend Dial an Exchange.

Carolinian

I have had great results with DAE as well, as I have with SFX (which got me a 2BR in London this year!).  Why use RCI which rents our exchange deposits to the general public, decreasing what is availible to members for exchange?

Willself

Having been with DaE a number of years NOW!!......1 can concurre  with Yorksnoah.. That DaE..are unmatched as a Exchange Network!!

Gone are the Colour banding..RCI/ Red, White & Blue...II..a simular system.. Effectively you could own a studio in Blue-Time!! & Exchange 4

a  2 Bed.Red Week!! Subject to Availability!!

charlie1

Dial Exchange is another great addition that you can add to your exchange company portfolio. Like all exchange companies you need to work them. I have noted some timeshare owners are not aware that Dial offer two weeks for some two bedroom apartments in prime time in different parts of the world. This has been explained on a past thread http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php?topic=17346.msg52496#msg52496
Timeshare Weekly is an Independent website working with those who share similar ideals. We are here to guide the consumer make the very best of timeshare. We encourage positive change and solutions. Your either living in the problem or your living in the solution. Contact graham@timeshareweekly.com

Carolinian

With the growing dissatisfaction with RCI, I think it should be the duty of all resorts to inform their members that they can exchange through DAE and UKRE, and for many resorts also SFX.  Members need to be informed and the resorts are the ones who should do it.  I have traded into a number of UK resorts where DAE magazines are in the units, and DAE materials in the unit books.  Those resorts seem to be getting the word out, but not all of them are doing so.

Quote from: charlie1 on February 10, 2013, 00:16:11
Dial Exchange is another great addition that you can add to your exchange company portfolio. Like all exchange companies you need to work them. I have noted some timeshare owners are not aware that Dial offer two weeks for some two bedroom apartments in prime time in different parts of the world. This has been explained on a past thread http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php?topic=17346.msg52496#msg52496

charlie1

They just need to come up with a decent exit strategy. The one they promoted a few years ago trying to move all clients out of a particular apartment so they could sell and release owners was doomed from the start. There is no way all clients would agree to move. Only one has to stay put and its a no goer. I think their lovely resorts to exchange too, but until they drop this heavy handed approach by chasing members through the courts for maintenance and even openly suggesting that their members beneficiaries would be liable for maintenance I would not recommend ownership only exchange.

Quote from: Wesley Cheek on May 25, 2013, 03:40:07
Mines would have to be MacDonalds as well. I think they are really trying as Keitht says,  things have certainly picked up in  the last couple of years.  The new dial an Exchange magazine has an interview with the director of MacD's timeshare division and I think they are genuinely trying to right a lot of the wrongs that have crept in over the years, not just to MacDonalds but the industry as a whole
Timeshare Weekly is an Independent website working with those who share similar ideals. We are here to guide the consumer make the very best of timeshare. We encourage positive change and solutions. Your either living in the problem or your living in the solution. Contact graham@timeshareweekly.com

Happy Days are here again

I see on today's Dial an exchange website that bonus weeks are now available as far ahead as January 2015.
The one's that are mainly available are on the Cota del sol, Malta and the UK starting from November 1st 2014.
Bonus weeks are generally unsold inventory that are made available 8 or so weeks before the their start week.
So once again it's hats off to Dial an exchange for making these weeks available now.
Obviously they are aware that the majority of these weeks that they accept from owners never get exchanged against.
At least now they must have far more chance of moving these weeks on.
I personally have been to the Costa del sol in November many times and the weather has always been good, much like a UK Indian summer.
The other obvious advantage is the fact that in taking one of these overseas resorts now you will be able to book flights at their lowest costs as soon as the budget airlines make their winter flights available.