Background Check - issues

Started by scottiejambo, September 23, 2013, 12:33:07

Previous topic - Next topic

scottiejambo

Hi,

RE: McDonalds Resorts - Spanish

We are currently buying a timeshare from a current McDonalds owner. We have signed the transfer papers and McDonalds are carrying out backgrounds checks. We received a voice message from McDonalds asking us to call them back and when we called, the person who called us was on holiday until Weds. Her colleague thought it might be to do with the background checks but didn't really know.

What kind of things could stop a transfer going through. We were given no information about McDonalds carrying out a background check and they were pretty evasive about what this contained.

Our previous credit history isn't great and we are concerned that this is what could be the issue but as we aren't technically applying for credit (maintenance fees paid in advance), I cant understand why this would be the issue...and we weren't told that they were doing any form of credit check in any case, which I understand to be a bit of no-no legally.

Any insights would be good.

Cheers

Scott

charlie1

This is just to check that your a real person and not some made up name so someone can lose their timeshare. You will receive a transfer document sent to your home direct from them as further proof that you live there. You will be expected to provide a utility bill and perhaps a copy of your passport.

I have not heard of anyone doing credit checks

I would read the first post of this thread http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php?topic=18365.0

Quote from: scottiejambo on September 23, 2013, 12:33:07
Hi,

RE: McDonalds Resorts - Spanish

We are currently buying a timeshare from a current McDonalds owner. We have signed the transfer papers and McDonalds are carrying out backgrounds checks. We received a voice message from McDonalds asking us to call them back and when we called, the person who called us was on holiday until Weds. Her colleague thought it might be to do with the background checks but didn't really know.

What kind of things could stop a transfer going through. We were given no information about McDonalds carrying out a background check and they were pretty evasive about what this contained.

Our previous credit history isn't great and we are concerned that this is what could be the issue but as we aren't technically applying for credit (maintenance fees paid in advance), I cant understand why this would be the issue...and we weren't told that they were doing any form of credit check in any case, which I understand to be a bit of no-no legally.

Any insights would be good.

Cheers

Scott
Timeshare Weekly is an Independent website working with those who share similar ideals. We are here to guide the consumer make the very best of timeshare. We encourage positive change and solutions. Your either living in the problem or your living in the solution. Contact graham@timeshareweekly.com