One of the good guys

Started by charlie1, August 01, 2015, 12:50:27

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie1

As we know Canal boat time has had its assets frozen. We dont know as yet what will happen whether they will be allowed to continue to trade at some stage in the future in some shape form or another or it will be taken over or sold on a piecemeal basis.

The shame is that holiday owners that have booked their holidays have been left high an dry.

There was a couple that were in the middle of transferring into this club to become members and had just paid there maintenance and booked their week to share with friends. The friend was not a well person but they were going to share sometime together.

I spoke to a real gentleman who I know does a lot to raise money for various charities and is the MD of ABC Leisure Group Ltd. I have had very good feedback about this company where they have been supportive before of other companies within their business that has had challenging times and they have assisted. So I thought I would give them a call.

They managed to find a week on one of their boats free of charge to help out. There was no incentive for them to do so and it was at their cost.

Timeshare needs a few more like this.

If you have heard of anyone else providing a service above and beyond it would be nice to recognise them.

Timeshare Weekly is an Independent website working with those who share similar ideals. We are here to guide the consumer make the very best of timeshare. We encourage positive change and solutions. Your either living in the problem or your living in the solution. Contact graham@timeshareweekly.com

charlie1

Timeshare Weekly is an Independent website working with those who share similar ideals. We are here to guide the consumer make the very best of timeshare. We encourage positive change and solutions. Your either living in the problem or your living in the solution. Contact graham@timeshareweekly.com

Carolinian

No, I had not heard that.  Do you mean Canal Boat Club or some other entity?

charlie1

This would not be common knowledge its only something I asked for yesterday and they said they were able to help in this instance. They are not connected in any way to the canal boat company that has had its assets frozen.

There was no gain for this company to get involved but he felt for the couple involved and said he would try to help. They are one of the biggest canal boat companies in the UK www.everythingcanalboats.com

Mavo

Moved this one into the area of the forum for The Good Guys
Just to help it because it is not that well populated!!

Nice to see someone from that side of the industry who cares for someone unfortunate to have lost a holiday simply because they booked it with a bad guy who is now in prison.

A big Thank You to the man who runs ABC Leisure Group Ltd.
Oh that there were more like you managing and running Timeshare products.

Carolinian

My question was which canal boat timeshare has had its assets seized?

charlie1