HELP!!!!

Started by , August 10, 2006, 15:06:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Can anybody help to settle our nerves.

We have just bought a red week in coral bay cyprus with membership of II. Promise of trading at our leisure to whatever we want and whenever we want it.
Is this possible??????
Our main aim is to trade and link with getaways for longhaul. Is this likely or a dream?????????
Maintenance is low so no fears there and resort is nice so somewhere we can visit regularly but what is the availablity of the getaways?
All views would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew and Karen

tonyg

Sales hype I'm afraid. They forgot one important condition "IF AVAILABLE". You may not have the trade power or quality rating to get some exchanges. Request early for best results. II getaways are not that much of a bargain. We did a 2 day when first we joined II, and it was no bargain-actually it was one of the worst resorts we ever stayed at. If you cab cancel or rescind the deal do so immediately in the manner prescribed in the paperwork. You can buy resales for 1/2 price of less and maybe even get a few free.

neil1702

quote:
Originally posted by awsbar

Can anybody help to settle our nerves.

We have just bought a red week in coral bay cyprus with membership of II. Promise of trading at our leisure to whatever we want and whenever we want it.
Is this possible??????
Our main aim is to trade and link with getaways for longhaul. Is this likely or a dream?????????
Maintenance is low so no fears there and resort is nice so somewhere we can visit regularly but what is the availablity of the getaways?
All views would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew and Karen

As tonyg says it is all about 'if available'
There are some great resorts in the II directory but you have to wait for someone who owns there to deposit their week into the sytem before anyone can go there.
As long as you get your request in early and are prepared to give a range of dates when you wish to travel you should be lucky but there are no guarantees.
Saying that we have twice exchanged into Marriotts in Spain, which was great.
Personally we haven't had a bad exchange but we are relatively new to it all.
If there is more than one request for the same resort and week, the person with the higher trading power will get it first. I know exactly how they work that out but it roughly works on the popularity of your home resort. We own in the UK where demand is high and supply is low (allegedly!), so we have decent trading power. Can't say what Cyprus would be.
We haven't used getaways as they do not look that much of a bargain to me unless you are not bothered where you go or when you go.
Buying a resale can come with some difficiluties.
I've heard that our company will not let you exchange in II if you have a resale, but there are other companies that will exchange for you. Maybe some of the guys on here can let you know where to buy to make sure you can exchange in II.
As youo are no doubt doing, do your research and make sure it can work for you.
Good luck

tonyg

I know of no such company that inhibits trading when you buy resale, Neil. If you find that it is true, please let us know. There are some (but few) resorts that restrict resale owners from some amenities, but trading through II would be a new wrinkle. It does sound like just another sales staff lie to get people to buy from the developer though.

Personally I would never buy a week just for trading use, if you don't love them home resort don't buy.

neil1702

quote:
Originally posted by tonyg

I know of no such company that inhibits trading when you buy resale, Neil. If you find that it is true, please let us know. There are some (but few) resorts that restrict resale owners from some amenities, but trading through II would be a new wrinkle. It does sound like just another sales staff lie to get people to buy from the developer though.

Mitchell

I think he means ,that if you buy resale some companies do not let you trade them for points  each/ EOY.( like Marriott)
Just depends if you want to use that resort or trade it to go through II.

Mitchell