Club La Costa

Started by , December 07, 2004, 14:11:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Thanks very much. Do you think that picking up a deal second hand is better than this "trial" offer?

boiler

If you are going anywhere the Costa del Sol, is quite a vast area with around 20 or so complexes there, some ain't so good right up to the Plush ( I don't think I can afford) types, dependant on which complex they show you. but you will be able to look around at the different types, if you do see one type you like go back to the sales "tents" and ask, remember "they want your money" but it is you who will decide to spend it, if you want to look at other complexes in the area, tell them, if they do not want to play ball, why should you??

i have just came back from benal beach in benelmadena , i have also been to monterey royal in tenerife with club la costaand it is excellent accomodation and i didnt get pestered at all on the free holiday.
I took my parents with me and they couldnt believe the standard of accomodation you get

Doggy50k

quote:
Originally posted by julesrob

i have just came back from benal beach in benelmadena , i have also been to monterey royal in tenerife with club la costaand it is excellent accomodation and i didnt get pestered at all on the free holiday.
I took my parents with me and they couldnt believe the standard of accomodation you get

Now I am really starting to think you work for them...
"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

trust me i wouldnt work for them i have a perfectly good job working with the elderly , although i do happen to be in an office block that also has club la costa in the same  building , where their call centre is run from.
But trust me i have nothing to do with the firm itself , im just a member of their company.

quote:
Originally posted by Suebe

We own at CLC Las Farolas and have received our invoice for 2006 maintenance fees - now around £360 per week, part of that being an additional levy for apartment refurbishment (what ever happened to the sinking fund we were told is kept for this purpose??!!).  Compared to some resorts, this may not seem a lot.  The last contributor compared to Four Seasons at Vilamoura (I don't think CLC resorts are in the same league despite some of them being GC).

When you compare what we were paying in 1998/99 when we first bought in to CLC - around £170 per week (and that apparently included a small levy) - it puts it more into perspective.  There have regularly been higher than inflation increases at CLC.  Is this a deliberate ploy to get people to walk away from their 'investment'?  Is there a link to their emphasis on their Vacation Club as opposed to weeks owners?

To the person who started this chain, if you go on your 'free' holiday, be prepared for the hard sell at the presentation you will have to attend.  If you go forewarned though, you might not be tempted to buy at their exorbitant prices.  You will no doubt be encouraged to buy into Vacation Club, their points system.  If you think you might be interested in buying timeshare, check out prices with the resale companies.  What would you rather pay - around £1,500-£2,000 or £10,000-15,000 which you might be asked at a presentation?  

You will get a free holiday which you will no doubt enjoy but your bank balance may well be seriously depleted if you get carried away by the rose-tinted selling of their sales team!!

Sue B  [8D]

quote:
Originally posted by Suebe

We own at CLC Las Farolas and have received our invoice for 2006 maintenance fees - now around £360 per week, part of that being an additional levy for apartment refurbishment (what ever happened to the sinking fund we were told is kept for this purpose??!!).  Compared to some resorts, this may not seem a lot.  The last contributor compared to Four Seasons at Vilamoura (I don't think CLC resorts are in the same league despite some of them being GC).

When you compare what we were paying in 1998/99 when we first bought in to CLC - around £170 per week (and that apparently included a small levy) - it puts it more into perspective.  There have regularly been higher than inflation increases at CLC.  Is this a deliberate ploy to get people to walk away from their 'investment'?  Is there a link to their emphasis on their Vacation Club as opposed to weeks owners?

To the person who started this chain, if you go on your 'free' holiday, be prepared for the hard sell at the presentation you will have to attend.  If you go forewarned though, you might not be tempted to buy at their exorbitant prices.  You will no doubt be encouraged to buy into Vacation Club, their points system.  If you think you might be interested in buying timeshare, check out prices with the resale companies.  What would you rather pay - around £1,500-£2,000 or £10,000-15,000 which you might be asked at a presentation?  

You will get a free holiday which you will no doubt enjoy but your bank balance may well be seriously depleted if you get carried away by the rose-tinted selling of their sales team!!

Sue B  [8D]

Hi there sorry im new to this site and not sure how tr work it , but we fell we have been defintely decieved by clc adn maintenance fees for the new vacation club are about 400+ per year plus a members fee of 166.50 and then the 14K on top i know its holidays for life but with 3 kids we have been sold a product which doesnt deliver....we then went on a bonus holiday for upgrading to full membership from trial silly us...nothing is for nothing, we missed the fact that we had to attend another presentation....when we said we wouldnt go they threatened to take the points off us for that week!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also i know lots of people disagree with me but we stayed in castillio del rey, and they are not 5star luxury to me as we had been promised if we become full members, i thought they were pleasant , but dont compare to the scottish resort where we were showcased..
so in resopnse to your post i feel there is always the carrot dangled in front of you for that next step to acheive what you really need , though in the first place we were told that was all we needed!!!! plz check out my post re clc id like some feed back there if you have time....

boiler

britchick you have just found the basic truths;- there are some good ones and some not so good, the better ones need a higher number of points than the not so good.