Exchange Company's

Started by Enthusiasm, December 02, 2007, 10:58:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Enthusiasm

One of the Best Resort Exchange Companys, We have found is Dialanexchange.com
Owners only pay £74.to exchange their weeks, while Bonus weeks start at just £99. to a maximum of £199.for a Two bed sleep 6.week!!
Certainly beats, hands down the other 2 Major Players. RCI.//II.

Willself

NO I AGREE WITH  ENTHUSIASM!!

DIAL AN EXCHANGE      IS STILL THE NUMBER ONE..EXCHANGE COMPANY FOR MY MONEY!!

eneri

Quote from: Enthusiasm on December 02, 2007, 10:58:55
One of the Best Resort Exchange Companys, We have found is Dialanexchange.com
Owners only pay £74.to exchange their weeks, while Bonus weeks start at just £99. to a maximum of £199.for a Two bed sleep 6.week!!
Certainly beats, hands down the other 2 Major Players. RCI.//II.

Just wondering how the above post appeared here since it is dated Dec.02 2007 and according to ''Enthusiasm's'' profile he/she hasn't been active since March 2008. Don't suppose Dialanexchange.com will be complaining though!!

Carolinian

I concur about DAE - they don't play the games that RCI does, like renting out exchange deposits to the general public instead of keeping them for members.

How this got recycled?  It looks like post #2 is spam and in the luck of the draw they attached there unrelated spam to this thread.  For some reason, many spammers seem to like old threads on which to post unrelated gibberish.

Willself

Carolinian.

You are Absolutely Right!! 1 mis-read the gibberish..and wrongly thought they were having a pop!

At DaE...Hence my response..Ooppss!!  Sorry!!

Carolinian

Well, the spam has now been removed.

Willself

YES......I  noticed....Amen 2 that....

larry hagman1

>:(     RCI dont rent members weeks, they exchange them with other members hence the name 'Exchange Company'  just because most members dont deposit their weeks does not mean that rci are renting them .

it simply means that members are not banking their popular week that thye purchased rights to, meaning they do not have to deposit their weeks if they do not want to, if rci wanted to do poeople wrong wouldnt they be banking peoples weeks without them realising it ?

think before you write up crap on companys makes you look stupid and childish  :D

Bill-M

Mmmm....... a touch aggressive Larry

So Larry says RCI don't have any sharp practices then that must be true  :o

I have dealt with RCI for years now and wouldn't trust  them any more than a cold call from a timeshare resale company  ;)

redcar50

RCI do rent out surplusa weeks.

I have rented a week in Tenerife through a third party and the booking confirmation had the RCI logo on it.

The resort thought it was a RCI exchange.

The rental was less than a weeks maintenance fees for that unit. 

Carolinian

You must have missed the posts on this and other timeshare boards from RCI employees who have posted that they could see lots of prime weeks deposited with RCI for exchange that RCI had shifted into their ''rental pool'' and were no longer availible for exchange.

You obviously also missed the three class action lawsuits filed against RCI in the United States over renting out exchange deposits to the general public, which RCI paid out in settlement rather than go through with discovery and trial.

You also seemed to have missed RCI's quiet amendment of its T&C several years ago to slip in ''rentals'' as one of the  things they could do with your deposits.

You also missed the withering broadside that the Seasons chain fired at RCI in its newsletter over its rentals to the general public when they announced their switch to II because of the rentals at RCI.

You also missed the fact that if you rent from a number of outlets availible to the general public you get a standard RCI confirmation because the week came from RCI's spacebank.  Some of these outlets are owned by RCI while others just have contracts with them.

Quote from: larry hagman1 on August 23, 2012, 15:04:14
>:(     RCI dont rent members weeks, they exchange them with other members hence the name 'Exchange Company'  just because most members dont deposit their weeks does not mean that rci are renting them .

it simply means that members are not banking their popular week that thye purchased rights to, meaning they do not have to deposit their weeks if they do not want to, if rci wanted to do poeople wrong wouldnt they be banking peoples weeks without them realising it ?

think before you write up crap on companys makes you look stupid and childish  :D

Morpheus

Quote from: larry hagman1 on August 23, 2012, 15:04:14

Noting that this is a brand new poster, I have to take issue very vociferously!

RCI DO rent weeks put in for exchange - Larry, you are either doing RCI PR work (or an RCI PR employee) or simply deluded.

If there is one thing we DO know here, it is that RCI have been renting out weeks lodged for exchange for years and been hammered for it regularly - but do not seem to have stopped doing so!

It is one of the main reasons timeshare has been so badly damaged, inability to get exchanges. And RCI is the culprit.

Your apology is awaited, after you follow up Carolinians references..
Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.